Changing the way we think about marine mammals.
The National Marine Mammal Foundation (NMMF) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization recognized globally as a leader in marine mammal science, medicine, and conservation. Our team of experts is answering critical questions about the health of the world’s marine mammals and our shared oceans.
How we advance our mission
- Conduct innovative research that benefits the conservation and care of marine mammals around the world.
- Collaborate with the world’s top scientists and institutions to translate our research into applicable medicine and species conservation.
- Support the U.S. Navy’s ability to provide exceptional care and training of their marine mammals, and support NOAA’s ability to respond to wild marine mammals in need of rescue and care.
- Develop unique educational opportunities to shape the next generation of marine mammal scientists, trainers, and veterinarians.
- Create inspirational outreach programs to share NMMF research discoveries and marine mammal expertise.
- Foster an environment that creatively, effectively, and positively shapes marine mammal conservation, medicine, and research efforts worldwide.